1031 Tax Deferred Exchanges
We Handle Tax Exchanges For Clients
Throughout The United States
- Detailed Tax Exchange Information
- Capital Gains Calculator
- Tax Exchange Videos
- Our Tax Deferred Exchange Blog Articles
- Contact Us
- Meet Our Exchange Staff
If you have landed on this section of our website, you have an interest in a very specialized area of our practice.
We have been a national player in tax deferred exchanges for over thirty-five (35) years and we are privileged to assist you in your better understanding of the process with a myriad of detailed writings, videos, blogs and we are as close as your phone to call us with any questions you may have on tax exchanges.
Call us at (253) 471-1200 or 1-800-236-4948 Toll Free
We are a law firm comprised of attorneys and specialists in the area of § 1031 tax deferred exchanges. In addition to our role as Qualified Intermediary for exchanges, we are highly qualified to provide current information on laws affecting tax deferred exchanges.
How We Assist Clients in Their Tax Deferred Exchange
- We evaluate and provide you an opinion on the possible methods of accomplishing your tax deferred exchange objectives.
- We work closely with and give assistance to your accountant, attorney, financial advisor and real estate professional to provide you with proper evaluations on whether or not an exchange is beneficial to your situation.
- Your transaction is coordinated by us to meet the strict deadlines imposed by the IRS. Our experience in this area is impeccable.
- We provide you with a complete written summary at the end of the transaction which will help your accountant in preparation of your tax returns.
- As attorneys, our work and your funds are fully insured. All funds are kept in separate accounts with FDIC insured institutions.
- We are celebrating our 35th year of successful experience working with § 1031 of the IRS Code.
- We have acted as qualified intermediaries for exchanges for clients and properties located throughout the United States.
- Typically, we serve you on a fixed fee basis and are paid from the closing of your relinquished property. You will likely be surprised by our modest fees, particularly in relation to the substantial capital gains tax you are saving.
- Your calls will always be welcome and your questions promptly answered by one of our professionals assigned to serve you.
- Want some additional detailed information on tax deferred exchanges? CLICK HERE
- Want to use our Capital Gains Calculator to determine your capital gains tax? CLICK HERE
- Want to view some of our videos on the tax deferred exchange process? CLICK HERE
- Want to view some of our more recent blog articles on exchanges? CLICK HERE
- Interested in obtaining information on classes we offer on tax deferred exchanges?
Washington state law, RCW19.310.040, requires an exchange facilitator to either maintain a fidelity bond in an amount of not less than one million dollars that protects client against losses caused by criminal acts of the exchange facilitator, or to hold all client funds in a qualified escrow account or qualified trust that requires your consent for withdrawals. All exchange funds must be deposited in a separately identified account using your taxpayer identification number. You must receive written notification of how your exchange funds have been deposited. Your exchange facilitator is required to provide you with written directions of how to independently verify the deposit of the exchange funds. Exchange facilitation services are not regulated by any agency of the state of Washington or of the United States government. It is your responsibility to determine that your exchange funds will be held in a safe manner.